Monday, August 4, 2008

Haunt Space

I have moved this post from its original location so I don't ruin the feel of my regular Halloween blog. Anyone who doesn't want to read what I have to say, click the X at the top of your browser window now.



Some people are wondering what has happened, and why I am no longer there. I refuse to sit here and bash Haunt Space or Pete, as I believe that it's a great place and Pete is a great guy. I was part of HauntSpace from the beginning, I was there at Haunters Network before that. I've always promoted both and have brought in a few members to HauntSpace over the past couple of years. It's always been a place I know I can send people who love Halloween and that I won't end up regretting sending them to. I went to bed last night thinking that the worst of the drama was over and that things would be getting quieter, if not better. Apparently I was sadly mistaken. I understand the reasons behind my deletion even if I don't agree wholeheartedly with them. Pete and I know how each other feels on the subject.

That said, I am pulling off of the high road and getting this off my chest once and for all, right here, right now.

GrimDaddy, I'm calling you out. You attacked me in the comments on my blog. I never saw the comments, and I can assure you that if I had seen them and was allowed to handle this in my own way, NONE of this garbage would have ever come to light in front of the whole community. Unlike you, I don't go around bashing people outright, and I like to give the benefit of the doubt and try to reason with people. PAHalloweenFreak, you're in this too since you decided to let your nastiness show. I have never been more ashamed of being part of a group before. You have attacked me, you have attacked my friends, and you have attacked people that I don't even know. You've done it repeatedly from what I understand. Yet you still are allowed to remain.

For you, Wally, to talk about ME and MY post is absolutely hypocritical. How is it that I can't use the word boobies and try to use some humor to get some much needed attention for a GOOD cause? How is this possible? If you didn't like it, you could just click the little X at the top of your browser window. You didn't have to attack me. Your little buddy PAHalloweenFreak could have kept her fingers still as well. It seems to me that you two have to back each other up with everything, which is very reminiscent of school yard bullies.

When I read YOUR blogs about your mother - however OFFTOPIC they were and most of them ARE OFFTOPIC, I said nothing. When I read the blog about shopping for your mother's urn with your father, I thought, "How sad". Then I came to the part where you were garnering a business card and trying to get cheap prices for damaged caskets for Halloween, and I was SICK. You turned what was deep sympathy into complete DISGUST. Your mother was dying, yet you are thinking of Halloween props while shopping for her burial urn?? How is it that YOU can do that, but I can't use a little humor? Have you ever seen me attack someone who doesn't provoke it? NO. You have NO CLASS. You think that you can do whatever you want to just because you've met Pete in person? You think you can continue to attack people like you've been doing? I know I'm not the first that this has happened with, I know it won't be the last if you are allowed to remain. You need to get a life, both of you. You can pretend to be all sensitive and high and mighty with your attitudes, but I think everyone sees through all that acting now.


You do not know me, you don't know anything about me, so you need to back the hell off. The Garage of Evil group is not MY group. It is a Yahoo group that I am a part of and that I was asked to help to moderate. Just because my friends there might lack a certain amount of tact does not mean I am like that. Just because you have managed to bring out a side of me right now that not many get to see, does not mean I am a rude, egotistical bitch. You want to see that, look in the mirror. Because of YOU and your malicious comments, many good people have been shown the door. All because YOU can't control your snide comments and constant need to get attention.


I have NOT ONCE asked ANYONE to defend me, nor to jump in and make comments/blogs about this whole situation. I have asked people NOT to get involved, so you need to check your facts before you go around throwing accusations at people. This is exactly why I tend to keep my distance from people. I have never wanted to be in the spotlight, I have never wanted to be popular, and I certainly have never wanted people to think that I am "all that". I'm a shy, introverted person who gets her feelings hurt very easily, but always tries to make peace with people rather than fight in a public forum. I'd like to thank you for making me see the light and showing me that I CAN stand up for what is right for myself. People who DO know me, who have been around me online for all these years, know that I rarely try to argue and that I never try to purposely offend anyone. I was brought up to use humor as a weapon against things that trouble me, in an attempt to make things not feel quite so bad. You have sapped every bit of humor out of me today. There is only one person in this whole entire world that makes me as angry as I am right now, and I never would have thought I'd have someone else do that.

Honestly, "bucket of chaw" ???? Get over yourself man. And I don't know if you noticed or not, but I AM a woman, and I don't see anything wrong with calling them boobies and gaining attention for the cause. I was helping to raise money for something that I believe in. What have YOU done lately besides cause discontent? Hmmm??

And PAHalloweenfreak, you need to back off girlfriend. It's really funny how you tell other people that Pete doesn't NEED help with his site, yet you have to go running around right behind Grimdaddy, sticking your nose in other people's business, and playing your little games that always end up with people getting hurt or banned. I think you have aligned yourself with the wrong person and it will bite you in the ass one day.

Pete and I were discussing things, and maybe my coming back to HauntSpace. Thanks to you, Wally, I don't even want to anymore. I won't be part of something that continues to allow people like you to run rampant. After this blog, I expect that invitation to be rescinded anyway. The only thing I ever wanted to do was help other people; if I'm guilty of anything - it's for giving a damn. Now even that is gone.

To Pete - I am truly sorry that it has come to this. Good luck with Haunt Space. It really is a good resource, just with a few less good haunters now.

For anyone else who wants to take this issue up with me, bring it. I'm right here. Like Pete, I'm tired of being the nice one. Too many people think they can just do whatever and we'll just sit back and let them. Not me, not anymore. If you don't like me, you can kiss off. I don't need any of you, nor do I need your approval. Unlike Pete, I'll do it all in the open with you, right here so nothing is hidden or deleted.

11 comments:

Reverend Grim Daddy said...

All I said was in my own blog posted after yours was this. (paraphrased)
Why use boobies? it is breast cancer and we should be trying to save the women not their breasts. After all it is the quality of a woman's life that is important not her boobies.
As far as comments go. I made two, one was my blog and one was a reply to Ravenlunatic. It appeared that a bunch of inactive members suddenly show up defending something they didn't see or fully understand. Yes my reply to Ravenlunatic was too harsh but people were bashing Pete. I removed the comment but it had already been quoted so there was not much I could do.
Pete was upset at the choice of words you used. I made no call to him. He chose to delete on his own.
As far as Pa is concerned. She and myself do only what Pete has asked everyone on the site to do. That would be to point out TOS violations. Sometimes he acts on them sometimes he doesn't.
I still have no idea why Scott Stoll was booted. I thought he and I were friends. We have been on family vacation together and two Frightfests. I have nothing against him and can only assume that in the whole mess, he said something about me that was negative; his entitled opinion. Perhaps Pete saw it as an attack. I really don't know. Pete is on a much needed break and has not explained the deletion with me.
I did not attack you I only voiced my opinion as do most others at one point or another. My intention was only to not make light of the infliction that took my mother. Which leads me to the issue of getting the funeral directors business card. In times of stress people sometimes do odd things to take their mind off of the source of the stress. It was one of those times.
I believe you are a wonderful person and do much good for the Halloween community. I try to do the same. I jumped on board with Haunters Against Hunger this year and helped out with Fright Fest. I don't seek attention I don't want glory. I just want to do things right and see that the rules of HauntSpace are enforced. Pete has told us all that we can post what we want in our blogs and most do. The forums are kept on topic and things usually run quite well. It is just that Pa myself, and a few others that are unnamed actively defend Pete and his decisions with a blind faith. I am a man of no religion and I believe in people. I believe in Pete and his endevours. I believe in the steadfastness of Pa's opinions. I believe in HauntSpace's members. I believe that a large portion of this whole mess was a simple case of the biggest flaw the written word has ever seen. People don't always choose the best wording when writing and as a result the emotion behind it gets lost or turned. Perhaps some day, some of us will be able to resolve our issues and be friends.

Ghostess said...

First of all, it is not YOUR, nor is it PAHF's, JOB to defend Pete. He can do that just fine on his own. And I do not need ANYONE to defend me, and I made sure that everyone knew that. What they do on their time is their business, not mine. Why is it that YOU two can step up and defend Pete, but other people can't defend their colleagues/friends? Hypocrisy, I say.

The reason I used the word boobies is because it was supposed to be a little more light-hearted, albeit tongue-in-cheek, attempt to get attention for the Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition charity our group was assisting in for Team Halloween and the ECHC's gathering in Salem. I didn't come in talking about tits, jugs, melons, knockers or anything else offensive and crude. I used a simple word, usually used by children, to gain interest for the specific part of the female anatomy that is affected by the specific disease. Would I come in and talk about feet or elbows for this? No, they're not affected by this specifically. "Boobies" are. In order to save the whole WOMAN, you have to defeat the root cause - which in this case IS the cancer within the BREAST. Being a woman, and knowing other women who have had breast cancer, I can tell you how hard a time it is to live with being self conscious about our bodies (just as most men I know would have a hard time living with one or no testicle after testicular cancer- even if it's not outright noticeable as a breast). Saving the WOMAN is the ultimate goal, however if you can save the breast as well, all the better.

I would think that you, especially, should want a breast cancer charity to get the help is so desperately needs, and not want to squabble over one freakin' word or how I phrased my blog post. I'm genuinely sorry for your and your family's loss, but shame on YOU.

If you had such an issue with it, rather than casting even more attention to the professed "problem", you could have just PMed me about it. Most people respond much better to rational messages kept out of the public's eye. If you knew ANYTHING about me at all, you'd know I would be mortified to offend anyone like that. Unlike YOU, I don't go off spouting unprovoked insults at people causing knee-jerk reactions the way you did at Ravenlunatic. I'm certainly very impressed with the way she handled all the responses. Again, class. Maybe you should take some time to THINK before you start typing when you see something you don't like. I make sure to take a LONG time to respond to something and I usually start off with a lot of anger and passion. I always end up with a lot of backspacing and rewording, which is one of the reasons my name rarely comes up in regard to online fighting. Cooling off and a little tact goes a long, long way.


Childish... Yeah, you two certainly are. I've never seen a bigger couple of tattle-tales in my whole entire life - and I have three kids and two little sisters of my own! More people have been kicked off or left HauntSpace because of you and your ridiculous antics in the past year than I care to think about. You both act as though you OWN HauntSpace. You both go around making comments and being rude to other people, constantly bugging Pete and causing more stress for him than I think any of the people who were banned ever did. How you can get away with causing so much harm to the place is totally beyond me. If you were on my forum and acted that way, you'd be gone after 3 strikes. Lucky for you, Pete's the one in charge and y'all do enough sucking up to be able to stay.

And just because someone does not constantly post BS blogs all the time or doesn't have a ton of pictures and content up, does NOT mean they are less worthy of being a member there or having an opinion of something than you or that they are "inactive". How many points or stars someone has doesn't change their value. Talk about useless garbage being on the site?? Try reading about half of the stuff you post. Like I said, you and PA need to take a good long look in the mirror. I also think it's pretty damned funny how she thinks she needs to butt in on how other people run their own groups. Y'all both just crack me up.

Funny thing is, I was just thinking that you both remind me of the "Inquisitorial Squad" from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

As for your little olive branch, you can stick that where the sun doesn't shine. I can't speak for anyone else and I try not to hold grudges against people I've never met before, but you've managed to hit a nerve that won't heal quickly. I usually sit back and watch other people and the things they do and say. It's a rare occasion indeed for me to feel the need to even waste my time on things such as this. It's people like you who are helping to make my skin just a little bit thicker. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Anonymous said...

oh so sensitive about the word 'boobies' and sending pics of Gails dubble D's to anyone you thought might be impressed. hypocrite. your actions are not forgotten.

Anonymous said...

wait a minute. didn't Pete once say about Queen M, "if more than one person tells you the same thing, it starts to become believable"???

he's been told numerous times that those 2 are RUINING his site. and still nothing is done to them. i know of at least 2 ON SITE messages sent to people who were truly trying to be nice to 1 of the above offenders and they got VERY nasty comments back from her... VERY NASTY and ON SITE! if i or anyone else had done that ON SITE-BANNED!

so what gives, Pete? why is nothing done to the 2 who are ruining your site?
inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

to quote the good Ghostess:

"And PAHalloweenfreak, you need to back off girlfriend. It's really funny how you tell other people that Pete doesn't NEED help with his site, yet you have to go running around right behind Grimdaddy, sticking your nose in other people's business, and playing your little games that always end up with people getting hurt or banned. I think you have aligned yourself with the wrong person and it will bite you in the ass one day."



that day has finally come, and revenge is a dish best served cold.

Ghostess said...

Interesting how things work out sometimes.

But, hey, Karma has a way of making it to its destination eventually....

Anonymous said...

It does.

Someone misses you bud. I'll never escape this.

Anonymous said...

And where is the site now? Talk to Road Kill about Pete. He will back up most anyone who has been booted. Pete is the leaker of info.
He uses people he booted for Mods. Whatch his numbers. The drama on the site always starts after the number of visits starts to slide.
Peter boy is the one who looks to blame anyone at hand. He has hurt many good haunters including you Ghostess. He is an alcoholic and control freak.
He hides money issues from his wife. He flies off the handle as soon as his popularity is questioned. I too am a member at HauntSpace.
Or should I say was. It appears to have disappeared. I used to work with him and he is a glory hound. I just wish I had found this blog back when it started.
HS was great but Pete can't keep private matters amongst its members to himself. He has even told me things about members that were none of my business.
He can't stand by his decisions even when they are right. If he found out I have been on his site he these past few years he would probably lose it and find a way to threaten me.
There is obviously a reason he has been investigated by the local authorities.

Anonymous said...

Pete says "I won't dignify something that ridiculous with a response".

**on the outside looking in**

Anonymous said...

I wish I had seen this blog back when all this went down on HS because I would have been right here chiming my two cents in as well. Ghostess, I commend you for telling off those two bullies. They've deserved it for far too long! It was a wonderful day in hauntland when they (Grimdaddy and PAHalloweenFreak) were shown the door on Hauntspace. It was a much anticipated booting and I am so glad I was right there to watch it happen. You're right, Pete, "Dumb and Dumber" are on the outside looking in and good riddance to them!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had seen this blog back when all this went down on HS because I would have been right here chiming my two cents in as well. Ghostess, I commend you for telling off those two bullies. They've deserved it for far too long! It was a wonderful day in hauntland when they (Grimdaddy and PAHalloweenFreak) were shown the door on Hauntspace. It was a much anticipated booting and I am so glad I was right there to watch it happen. You're right, Pete, "Dumb and Dumber" are on the outside looking in and good riddance to them!

April 13, 2009 11:13 AM

HERE HERE!!!! good riddance to bad rubbish says i ;-)